Staci Bishop

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

nYn Featured with the Nashville Birth Network



Today nYn is being featured on the Nashville Birth Network
Below is a brief interview I did with them. 

We had the privilege of working with Staci at our Empowering Birth Conference. She was amazing with her positiveness and her energy level. I would love to work with her again.

www.nurturingYOUnaturally.com

www.facebook.com/nurturingYOUnaturally

Staci Bishop, Owner of nYn, Certified Doula and Hypno-Doula

Why did you become a doula?

During my pregnancy I did a lot of research but, when it came time for birth, I realized that I didn’t know how to advocate for myself. I was steam rolled by a cascade of interventions and didn’t know how to make it stop. Not only do I want my clients to be informed but I want them to be empowered to stand up for themselves if needed. If things are veering from the birth plan, I can call a “time out” to give the family a chance to recognize their options and regroup.

Share 3 sentences about yourself.

I have been married for 8 years and just recently started homeschooling our 7-year-old daughter. I love all things related to summer including flip flops, water, and especially ice cream. My most memorable doula experience was a Leap Day baby!

What is your favorite thing about being a doula?

Honestly, I love watching the family fall in love. It happens almost instantly so you have to be looking for it. Mom meets the baby she has nurtured inside her own body and it’s love at first sight. Then, she looks over to Dad and feels such gratitude and admiration for how he cared for and encouraged her during labor. Dad falls head over heels for this little being that just made him a father (for the first time or the tenth, doesn’t matter). At the same time, he is amazed at what his Lover has accomplished and feels a deeper love and appreciation for her than he ever thought possible. It’s an honor to witness that moment and it draws be back again and again.

Tell me about your group.

nYn is a group of birth doulas providing resources for families in the Middle Tennessee area. We serve these clients during pregnancy, birth, and the postpartum period through education, encouragement, and hands on support. We respect all birth and parenting choices striving to help each family achieve their goals for labor & delivery. nYn believes that every woman deserves a doula! Potential clients may contact me for a complimentary consultation to see if nYn would be a good fit for you. Because we serve a variety of families, I’m always on the lookout to add more doulas to our team.

No comments:

Post a Comment