Staci Bishop

Friday, June 15, 2012

Two Week Wait

When trying to conceive, this term is often used to describe the time between ovulation and menstruation or a positive pregnancy test.

Right now, I am also in the midst of a "two week wait" for a test. But I'm not pregnant. I just submitted my final assignment for my doula certification. WHOO HOO!!! The anticipation is unreal. While I'm fully expecting to get a "positive" result, I still have to wait for the official email and ultimately my certificate.

In the meantime I'm....
  • still offering a reduced rate of $250 for any client who reserves my services before I'm "official." Their due date can be at any point in the future. They would simply need to commit with a deposit.
  • inquiring about applying for an NPI #, which means that clients can bill my services to their insurance company for reimbursement.
  • designing business cards.
  • mapping out my client availability for the rest of 2012.
  • trying to decide what book I want to read next. I'm pretty decided on "Pushed" by Jennifer Block.
  • thinking about offering a sliding scale fee.
  • daydreaming about helping more women get the birth experience they want.
  • pondering how to reach moms who don't know what a doula is or why they would need one.
Thanks for stopping by. Stay tuned for more news.

1 comment:

  1. Pushed is awesome! It starts off a little dry, but keep at it, I learned a ton. One of those books that you read most of it with your jaw dropped going "NUH-UH! BABE! Come here and listen to this!!" (at least I did.) ;)
    the sliding scale sounds like a wonderful idea. you are awesome. <3
    I had no idea insurance companies could cover doulas. that is amazing!
    -hp

    ReplyDelete