Staci Bishop

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Reading Roundup 6/26 (vernix, marijuana, borax, vaccine history, VBAC facts)

Here's a look at a few interesting things I've read this week.

A Young Mother's Birth Story Told With Photos - This mother is 18 years old and shares the journey of her natural, homebirth through pictures. It's beautiful! If she can do it, anyone can. Very inspiring!

Wait! Don't Wash That Newborn - Routine baths are given rather quickly in hospital settings despite the fact that research has shown vernix to have anti-bacterial and temperature regulating qualities.

Newborns Testing Positive for Marijuana Because of Their Baby Soaps?!?! - Two well-known baby washes by Johnson & Johnson and Aveeno contain THC. No joke. And there is a scientific study to prove it.

22 Favorite Birth Quotes and Affirmations - My fave from this list is... "‎If I don’t know my options, I don’t have any.” ~ Diana Korte

VBAC Quick Facts - Helpful post and informative website for VBAC info.

Boron: Major Cause and Cure for Arthritis - I'll admit. I've never been a fan of Borax. In fact, I have intentionally left it out of my homemade laundry detergent recipe. But, after reading this (because my hubby has arthritis of the knees), I may be changing my tune.

Vaccines (Part II): Hygiene, Sanitation, Immunization, and Pestilential Diseases - This article shares the history of many diseases but I find the visual aid to be the most helpful. Basically, it shows that the diseases were already on the sharp decline (mainly due to better hygiene and sanitation) before the vaccines were ever introduced.


No comments:

Post a Comment