Staci Bishop

Monday, March 17, 2014

Maritza Pedroza

nYn is excited to welcome Maritza Pedroza to our team!
Maritza Pedroza
Certified Doula 
Birth Doula Package: $600
Training:
  • Childbirth International (CBI)  |  Certified November 2008
  • Doulas for North America (DONA)  |  Certification Pending
*******************************************************
Hi. I'm Maritza Pedroza. I have been happily married for 20 years and have a 7-year-old daughter and a 4-year-old son. I believe I was a doula before I even knew doulas existed. Let me tell you how it happened.

First off, I love babies... all things baby! So, I started working in an OB practice. I learned a lot but never as much as when I started working with a midwife. I also had a friend expecting her first baby and she asked if I would attend her birth. I was a little nervous, but thought it would be a wonderful opportunity to see what I was learning in action. Well, it was that and more. Much more! Then and there I realized how much support moms really do need at a time like this. That was my first "doula baby" and that baby is now 15 years old!

I slowly learned that there is a great deal to be done to help moms during one of the most important times of their lives: the birth of a baby. I started researching and learning, and that led me to doula certification. It has been one of the best decisions I have made and the most rewarding as well.

We all have an idea of how we would like our birth experience to be. However, many women do not realize that they have a voice in what happens to them and their baby. This is what I try to instill in moms.

"You have a voice and a choice of what to do and not do during your unique experience."

If you are not sure of what you want, I am here to help inform you of all of the options available. Whatever your experience may be, I will try to help you achieve it. We are all different so it makes sense that what we want is different, but I am here to help you get it. Having my children later in life has been such a great experience as well. I know I was much more prepared for it and loved both experiences just as much.

I'd love the opportunity to serve you during your important moment! Contact me today for a complimentary consultation or click here to learn more about my birth doula package.




No comments:

Post a Comment