Staci Bishop

Friday, January 6, 2012

Natural Remedies for Pink Eye

I came across this article today for treating pink eye. I've always been a fan of using breast milk for eye gunk because of its amazing infection fighting properties not to mention that it is perfectly pH balanced. This post also gives another alternative - tea bags!


As I was thinking about the different types of conjunctivitis (viral, bacterial, fungal), I wondered about other types of home remedies that could pink eye. This, naturally, made me wonder about coconut oil which has antiviral, antibacterial, AND antifungal properties. We have a running joke around here that you can use coconut oil to fix anything, and I mean anything! A quick Google search led me to several articles and testimonials of how coconut oil has cured pink eye in a jiffy. Here's one...


Other home remedies for treating pink eye include


Just remember that antibiotics should be your last line of defense, not the first. Most cases of pink eye are viral in nature and antibiotics would be ineffective anyway. I hope this gives you some alternative treatments to try at home first.

No comments:

Post a Comment