Staci Bishop

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Course Materials (aka BOOKS!)

I was SO excited when I got the mail yesterday because my course materials arrived. In the meantime, I've been looking over the online materials. I've subscribed to their student forum and get those updates each day as well. I'm also continuing to work my way down the book list.

I'm currently reading Spiritual Midwifery by Ina May Gaskin (preview the book). I'm so excited that I will be actually be attending a birth at The Farm next month. It's pretty crazy to me (and WAY cool) that my first birth as official labor support will be at a world-renowned location. Almost every childbirth book I read somehow manages to mention The Farm, mainly because of their stats. They have really great outcomes there with minimal interventions.

In other news, ever since I announced to the world my pursuit of certification, I have been dreaming about babies and mommas and pregnancy and labor and delivery almost every night. Things have been really busy as we are starting off a new year with work and trying to get organized plus me getting ready for tLG's birthday party(ies) this weekend. I think about my doula certification a lot during the day but not as much as I would love to just sit and daydream about it. Still, my subconscious overflows with those thoughts at night and I get to dream about it. I'm a pretty vivid dreamer so maybe this way is better than day dreaming. :)

1 comment:

  1. Have fun with Spiritual Midwifery, that book's a trip!! Haha!!! Get your hands on A Midwife's Manifesta next if you can; it's Ina May's most recent book (I think it came out just last year). It's night and day from Spiritual Midwifery, but not in a bad way. I learned a TON! (And my midwife Stacie makes a couple appearances in it too, hehe.)
    -HP

    ReplyDelete