Staci Bishop

Saturday, July 20, 2013

Training: Herbalism for the Birth Professional


Ever since I first became pregnant many years ago, I have not been able to stop researching and learning as much as I can about pregnancy, birth, and babies. So far, I have completed my doula certification through Childbirth International and my Hypno-Doula certification through Hypnobabies.

Along the way I have also developed an interest in natural health, wellness, and treatment. I've been a fan of Vintage Remedies for a while now and I was thrilled when they released this course last year. I thought it would be a nice compliment to my doula training. I think it's important to be to be able to give my clients as many tools as I can to manage their pregnancy in the most natural way possible. However, just because something is natural doesn't mean that it's appropriate for a pregnant or nursing mother. This course should provide me with the the resources and information I need to make appropriate recommendations for my clients.

One extra perk of this course is that there is a section on keeping the doula healthy as well. Herbalism for the Birth Professional covers information on aromatherapy, herbalism, natural solutions, and immune boosters.

Vintage Remedies also has a variety of other course options available including Family Herbalist, Holistic Wellness, Foundations of Aromatherapy and more! If you are just looking for a good book to get you started, I would recommend, The Handbook of Vintage Remedies, The Herbalism Course, or The Aromatherapy Course.

I'm excited to get started!

1 comment:

  1. By taking aromatherapy, I've learned more about natural health and wellness.

    ReplyDelete