Staci Bishop

Monday, September 3, 2012

Improving Birth - Nashville Rally


Today, I got to check an item off my Bucket List.

Attend a rally for something I believe in.

CHECK!
ImprovingBirth.org set up rallies all across America today for Labor Day and I was priviledged to attend the event in Nashville.

The Purpose - The National Rally for Change is to encourage and insist that all maternal healthcare providers practice evidence-based care.
Despite the weather, we had a fantastic turnout! I was also lucky enough to meet Mickey Jones of Nine Months & Beyond who gave an amazing speech right before we took to the street with our signs!
I was certainly encouraged and I know others were as well. I feel like we are on the verge of a huge movement of change for maternity care in America and I'm excited to be a part of it.
Here is the local news coverage:

No comments:

Post a Comment